Part 4 | Your Basic Care Kit: Geranium and Rosemary Essential Oils

Customers usually ask me, “What essential oils do you recommend?” And while I state that I’m in no way entitled to “recommend” anything, I still like to point out those oils I’ve researched to be the most commonly used and those aromatherapy practitioners rely on the most. Welcome to Part 4 of the “Your Basic Care Kit” Series, a guide to Aromatherapy and some of the essential oils I incorporate into my soap recipes.


Today, I'll be discussing Geranium and Rosemary essential oils.


Geranium: Most commonly used for bringing a radiant glow to the skin, geranium effectively treats menopausal problems, diabetes, blood disorders, throat infections, and even serves as a sedative. When we went to Seattle a couple years ago, we bought satchels full of lavender seedlings that we thought would be ideal for adding a great aroma to enclosed spaces, like cabinets and drawers. But then I began to put a few drops of lavender, valerian, and geranium essential oils on those satchels so we could put them underneath our pillows. These have been so great at helping us sleep more soundly.


Rosemary: A physical and mental stimulant, rosemary is also used in the treatment of muscular sprains, arthritis, rheumatism, depression, fatigue, memory loss, migraine, headaches, coughs, the flu, and even diabetes. And like the plant rosemary, the essential oil of rosemary is also great on food, like roasted chicken, homemade pizza sauce, and even homemade pizza sauce.


As always, I hope you learned great useful tips on aromatherapy and essential oils you can implement in your daily lives. Feel free to ask any questions, leave comments and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment