Part 3 | Your Basic Care Kit: Chamomile and Eucalyptus Essential Oils

Customers usually ask me, “What essential oils do you recommend?” And while I state that I’m in no way entitled to “recommend” anything, I nevertheless like to point out those oils I’ve researched to be the most commonly used and those aromatherapy practitioners rely on the most. Welcome to Part 3 of the “Your Basic Care Kit” Series, a guide to Aromatherapy and some of the essential oils I incorporate into my soap recipes.


Today, I'll be discussing chamomile and eucalyptus essential oils.



CHAMOMILE is used in the treatment of burns, and has analgesic, diuretic, sedative, and calming properties. Its smell always reminds my grown daughter of her old baby shampoo that she loved when she was little.

EUCALYPTUS is an anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antibiotic, diuretic, analgesic, and deodorizing aid. It is also best known for its effectiveness at fighting coughs and colds. If you ever do visit our native Colombia, note the wonderful eucalyptus forest at the outskirts of Bogotá (the capital); they smell so exquisitely and almost seem to welcome everyone into that wonderful place.

Hope that gave you more information into the art of aromatherapy and stay tuned for more updates on other EOs. As always, thanks for stopping by and don’t hesitate in commenting or contacting me if you have questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment