Part 2 | Your Basic Care Kit: Lavender and Peppermint Essential Oils

Customers usually ask me, “What essential oils do you recommend?” And while I state that I’m in no way entitled to “recommend” anything, I nevertheless like to point out those oils I’ve researched to be the most commonly used and those aromatherapy practitioners rely on the most. Welcome to Part 2 of the “Your Basic Care Kit” Series, a guide to Aromatherapy and some of the essential oils I incorporate into my soap recipes.


Today, I’ll be featuring LAVENDER and PEPPERMINT Essential Oils (EOs):


Lavender is a natural antibiotic, antiseptic, antidepressant, sedative, and detoxifier. It promotes healing and prevents scarring, while also stimulating the immune system. My family swears by its ability to heal wounds and bumps in a matter of minutes–no harmful drugs (i.e. no side effects) necessary.


Peppermint is an excellent digestive, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic aid. It also helps the respiratory and circulation systems. It’s great at treating indigestion, flatulence, bad breath, the flu, headaches and migraines, skin irritation, toothaches, and fatigue. My wife recently experienced a near-fainting incident in the middle of a class and all it took for her to get back to normal and recover in no time was simply inhaling a vial of peppermint EO she had had prepared for another class presentation.


Hope that gave you more information into the art of aromatherapy and stay tuned for more updates on other EOs. As always, thanks for stopping by and don’t hesitate in commenting or contacting me if you have questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment